Rising Against All Odds Provides FREE HIV Testing, Prevention, & Education in West Volusia County, Florida
RISING AGAINST ALL ODDS, INC OFFERS FREE CONFIDENTIAL HIV TESTING - PRIVATE IN HOME TESTING AVAILABLE BY APPOINTMENT!
Knowledge is power and knowing your HIV status is empowering! Schedule an office appointment or RAAO can come to you.
Our mobile testing unit will come to your home or event for FREE CONFIDENTIAL HIV TESTING ANYTIME. We use an unmarked vehicle for mobile testing purposes, so your confidentiality is assured.
Schedule your FREE HIV TEST today! When possible, please bring 2 forms of verification of residency, which includes:
- Official Mail (from government or other agencies)
- Vehicle Registration
- Food Stamp Approval Letter
- Electric/Water bill
- Income Tax Paperwork
If you need clarification or have a question regarding approved documents, please call us at 386.202.4209 or send us an email.
Did you know...
- In 2014, 115 people in Volusia County had a HIV infection diagnosis; a 36.9 percent increase from 2013.
- The rate of HIV cases in 2014 was 36.3% higher than the previous year.
- The percentage of adults less than age 65 who had an HIV test in the past 12 months increased by 91.2% in Volusia County.
- RAAO has provided post test counseling to 241 individuals (average .5-1.5)
- Nearly 37 million people are now living with HIV
- 2.6 million are under the age of 15.
- In 2014, an estimated 2 million people were newly infected with HIV.
- 220,000 were under the age of 15.
- Every day about 5,600 people contract HIV—more than 230 every hour.
- In 2014, 1.2 million people died from AIDS.
- Since the beginning of the pandemic, nearly 78 million people have contracted HIV and close to 39 million have died of AIDS-related causes.
- As of March 2015, around 15 million people living with HIV (41% of the total) had access to anti-retroviral therapy.
WHY GET TESTED?
- You may be infected and not know it.
- If you are HIV negative, you can take steps to stay negative.
- If you are infected with HIV but don’t know it, you may not take the necessary steps to stop transmission to others.
- If you are infected, you can get the treatment you need.
- Getting tested for HIV is quick and easy and FREE!